Thursday, January 31, 2008 | posted by Zach Marx

Dread Pirate Captains that No One Has Heard Of

And so, blasting past security systems with a MAC address stolen from a wii, I return to the internets. The last week has been a blur of mental activity and far too little sleep, but I promise I won't be leaving you alone with all these other classy indviduals for so long again anytime soon.

Which is perhaps the least meaningful sentence I have ever typed.

In the distant past, I promised you to discuss One Piece (the manga. NEVER THE ANIME). In the recent past, I promised to talk more about Mike Gravel.

I am beginning to suspect that they are secretly the same subject, as all things are.

Unfortunately, explaining that cryptic comment is going to have to wait for another day. I can tell you that Mike Gravel's alternative debate begins in half an hour, broadcast live on Internet by upstream.tv, and tthat unlike John Edwards, he shows no sign of being willing to step out of the race, even if it may be argued that he was never really in it.

The man has no real net worth. I think that he owns, perhaps, a car and some credit card debt, and that he would be by far the best president out of all the candidates. It doesn't matter, but if he turns to coastal raiding after he loses the election to finance his democratic efforts, I might be tempted to join his crew of sea raiders, as they journey across the world to find the lost treasure of the last King of the Pirates, and their dreams.

I promise there is a logical, semi-litaerary reason why I am conflating Mike Gravel and One Piece, and it is not just my brain imploding after a week with minimal sleep and maximal role-playing games. However, the viking mind compels me to go and devour the flesh of hundreds of innocent chickens now, as a warrior of Elbaph should.

That brain implosion theory is looking more and more likely!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home